An Investment In Your Future
Through the Orange County Federation of Republican Women
In recent times, increasing numbers of women have entered the job market either by choice or necessity. Many of them often require additional skills in order to qualify for a position of employment. Pat Nixon, for whom the scholarship is named, understood this scholarship, as she supported herself while working her way through the University of Southern California. She enthusiastically supported "this unique program to assist young women to receive the necessary educational background to enter the job market at a level for which they will be qualified." The Orange County Federation of Republican Women is extremely proud to offer this scholarship which meets the needs of our times. Women have found opportunity in virtually every field of endeavor today. The Federation is proud to support women in attaining their goals and aspiration. The members of the Orange County Federation of Republican Women are proud that the scholarship bears the name of Pat Nixon. She is admired for her strength and courage. We believe this scholarship is a tribute to her by demonstrating our confidence in the future of American women.
- Be a resident of Orange County
- Be a registered Republican woman voter, twenty-five years of age or older
- Submit a letter in which she:
- states how this scholarship would help her fulfill the educational requirements necessary to qualify her for a career or a position of employment;
- tells what her future educational and career goals are;
- describes any extracurricular activities or volunteer work in community services, government, or political campaigns;
- discusses her financial need.
- Submit her records of education to date
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- If a finalist, be available for a personal interview
Winner must submit verification of her enrollment in school within nine months of winning the Pat Nixon scholarship. Scholarship will be paid to her account at the chosen institution.
(Last, first, middle)
|City and Zip:|
|Telephone:||Date of Birth:|
|Grade level completed:|
|Name of educational institution you plan to attend:|
|Have you been accepted?||Are you a registered Republican voter in Orange County?|
|Are you currently employed?||If so, where?|
On receipt of this form, you will be contacted to complete all application requirements as described above.